About The Position
Watchful is a competitive intelligence solution providing customers with valuable insights about their competitors. Watchful’s unique technology taps a gold mine of information hidden within mobile and web apps, making it possible to know what changes your competitor has made in their latest release or gain critical information about A/B tests and new features months before they are released.
We’re looking for exceptional innovators who share this same DNA, to join us in building something different!
What will you do?
- Research the best and biggest mobile apps out there, to discover the most exciting tech innovations in it!
- Work as a part of a passionate researchers’ team and together bring to the table the best practice and most mind-blowing discoveries!
- Take part in moral research, we do not commit hacking!
- Perform a very business-oriented role and have the opportunity to be an integral part of representing the product in front of customers
- A Staff Researcher is expected to take research ownership over a set of apps end-to-end and tackle challenges such as Code obfuscation, Runtime code encryption, Root detection, Geo locking, etc. and develop maintainable support for each app he owns and researches on an on-going basis. The position can be very challenging and we are looking for top researchers who are able to take on such ownership.
- Experience as a Reverse Engineer / Malware Researcher / Vulnerability Researcher in any or all of Android, iOS, x86, Arm - At least 3 years of experience. Must be a hands-on full-time job either in a technological unit and/or a high-tech company.
- Hands-on experience with Runtime and/or Static patching (Binary patching, Frida, etc)
- Knowledge and experience with at least one of the following - IDA / JEB / JADX / Hopper / Ghidra or other Reverse engineering tools or frameworks
- Extensive knowledge of Python
- Experience working with Frida - Strong advantage
- Experience working with Burp / Fiddler - Strong advantage
- Experience working with GDB - Advantage
- Knowledge of Native language (C, C ++) – Advantage